Refer A Child
Interested in becoming a scholar at Boys Hope Girls Hope of Kansas City?
Do you know someone you’d like to nominate?
Use this information as a guide.
- A young male between 10 and 14 when applying
- Ambitious and motivated, and have positive goals and a cooperative work ethic
- In need of access to a quality education, with family or community factors that impede academic or personal success
- Willing to adapt to Boys Hope Girls Hope’s value-centered, family-like environment and embrace high expectations in showing concern for others
- Capable of thriving in an academically challenging coursework; free from behavioral or substance abuse issues and learning disabilities
Parents/Guardians as Partners
Partnership with parents and guardians is essential to our residential scholarship program. Scholars who join our program are expanding their family to include us, and the best support systems include biological and adoptive families, our team of trained professionals, and mentors from throughout the Boys Hope Girls Hope Network as well as members of our Kansas City community.
Although Boys Hope Girls Hope of Kansas City is not a traditional family service agency, many parents and guardians benefit from services provided by the program, including referrals to community resources, parenting guidance, financial literacy, crisis intervention, and sometimes family counseling.
As a parent, guardian, or referral source, please contact Program Director Macenzie Tucker, firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn how our program may be a fit for the child you have in mind.